Everyone needs a true friend they can count on not to fuck up their corn.
Mine comes in the form of the girl in this photo, eating said corn, which might've been the best thing we ate during this feast, who lovingly slathered on the garlic butter and went to town with the Reynolds Wrap while I stirred macaroni and scraped foreign crusts off the grill grates.
She and I only have a couple of topics of conversation we cycle through on a regular basis. They are:
- the lack of appropriate singles in our area
- where to drink margaritas
- quotes from the classic youtube manifesto Unforgivable
- getting away with not showering
- tips and tricks for how to not be murdered in juarez mexico*
- burrito fillings we want
- humiliating our enemies
- hair dye
- whether other people qualify for Basic Bitch status according to the official quiz
Now, as of yesterday, we have 'uses for tinfoil' in the portfolio.
Effortful time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
4 ears of corn, peeled?
2 tbsp. total of whipped butter, either homemade (stir in garlic and herbs and olive oil and whip) or purchased
Salt and pepper
4 rectangular sheets of Reynold's Wrap, which cannot be subbed with generic
- Prep the foil sheets. Turn the grill up to 400°.
- Spread the already-soft butter onto your corn ears.
- Wrap the corns in their blankets, and twist the ends. It's ok if their tails are hanging out.
- Cook, turning every 5 minutes, for 20 minutes.
- Unsheath, re-butter, and present the offerings to your guests.
- Do not make offensive references. Do not make offensive references.